Moon water is water that has been charged under the power of a full moon. You can also use different lunar cycles to charge your water for different intents.
Making moon water is one of the easiest things you can do as a spiritual practitioner or witch. All you need is a glass jar, some purified water, and a space outside to leave it overnight. The energy from the moon does the rest! The water will absorb the moonlight and be infused with all its healing properties.
Things you need:
- Purified water
- A glass jar or bowl (I use mason jars)
- You can also add different herbs or crystals to the water that enhance your specific intention
Once you have prepared your purified water and any additives you wish to use, place your jar of water outside in a safe place where it will not be disturbed. If you are in an apartment and don’t have access to an outdoor space, or live someplace with harsh winters where your water would freeze, you can put the jar on a windowsill inside. Leave it overnight in the presence of a full moon and voila! You have moon water. Read on below for ideas on how to use your moon water.
Uses for Moon Water:
- Incorporating into spells or potions for love, self-reflection, or to enhance intuitive abilities
- Make a magical tea
- Fill a small vial and wear it
- Draw invisible sigils
- Add a pinch of salt and “paint” over doorways and windows for protection
- Add to bath water for bath rituals
- Place it on your alter to represent the element of water
- Watering plants
- Bong water for magical hits
- Cleanse and charge crystals by soaking them (make sure your crystals are water safe! Selenite should never go in water as it will dissolve.)